From January 2021
Gigglebug Entertainment is recruiting a Background Supervisor for the production of The Unstoppable Yellow Yeti. The 50 x 11′ + 11 x 2′ animated comedy is for kids 6-10 and their families. The show combines action, comedy and expressive characters.
We’re looking for a Background Supervisor with experience on series production. We’d prefer you to work in-house at our Helsinki studio.
At the Gigglebug Studio, you would be part of a friendly and tightly knit team, working in close collaboration with the Director, Assistant Director, Production Designer, Layout Supervisor and a team of Background Artists both on-site and remotely.
The Background Supervisor will conduct producing beautiful background art in colour, making sure that the look follows the style of the production and remains consistent throughout the series.
Qualities we especially look for and major areas of responsibility:
- a minimum of 3+ years of experience in animation series production
- a strong sense for colour in storytelling
- experience in leading a team and good people skills
- fluent in the English language
- an ability to organize, troubleshoot and deliver in a fast pace environment with an eye for detail
- strong experience with a 2D animation pipeline
- skills in staging and composition, good painting skills, the ability to work collaboratively and to provide the road map for BG artists with key shots and a colour script
Most importantly: a passion for cartoon comedy and all forms of animation!
Please send enquiries, and portfolios to: email@example.com
Read more about the exciting project here: