Join the Gigglebug crew for Tom and Jerry Time!
This is the kind of classic cartoon stuff that only comes along every so often and we are thrilled about starting production! The hand drawn, non-dialogue format for Warner Bros Animation calls for an expansion to our team – cartoon lovers, come join us! Tom & Jerry Time is the first preschool outing for the iconic cat and mouse duo.
The role is primarily based in Gigglebug’s studio in Helsinki, Finland.
If you have any questions, please send them by email to: email@example.com
Purpose of the role
In collaboration with the Director, the Animation Director is responsible for directing and maintaining the continuity of performance of all characters, props or animated effects.
- Work in partnership with the Director and the Animation Supervisors to interpret and develop directors creative vision
- Closely collaborate with pipeline/production team to elaborate the production workflow and make sure the technical requirements are consistent within each department
- Establish the technical and artistic guidelines with the producer/director/episodic director considering budget and schedule requirements
- Coming up with creative solution to meet the artistic standards with a strong knowledge of the Toon Boom Harmony tools and latest developments
- Provide artistic references and guide the creation of animation libraries
- Ensure animation quality control and ensure performance consistency
- Interpret director’s needs and provide constructive feedback to crew
- Review the scene setup exports with Assistant Director
- Review animation and work closely with the Animation Supervisors to make sure the guidelines are well-spread in the animation team
- Implement the specific animation pipeline requirements of a particular project. Test and deploy tools in a high pressure production environment
- Ability to work with a team that will be partly based on-site in Helsinki, Finland and partly remote
To succeed at this job, you need
- Strong drawing skills and deep knowledge of animation style including traditional animation and cut-out animation
- Excellent knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony
- Team-spirit and great communication are key to this job description
- Relevant experiences in animation supervision/animation direction
- Rigging knowledge is an asset
- Several years experience in the Animation department
- Love for cartoons
Contract time period:
3 years, starting as early as July 2022
Does this adventure call to you?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and portfolio to us as soon as possible. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so please act quickly to start your new adventure with us in the Nordics.
We are a fast-growing, 100+ deep band of animation people, enthusiasts, and visionaries from around the world, brought together to inject positivity and creativity to the world of kid’s content. Our agile animation studio in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland. This is our atelier. Home of the Gigglebug. Hotbed of fun. And a safe space for stand out creativity.
Our mindset, values and work ethic translate to creativity, honesty, equality and high quality. In short: Nordic playfulness. As humans, we look for purpose in our work. Our purpose is to contribute to making the world a better place – by spreading laughter and joy.
We want to make the best stuff in the world. But we also want to live the best life we can. This means world-class projects; a warm, supportive culture; and all the benefits of the Finnish society. Read: trustworthy people, stable governance, inclusive values, tons of nature, healthy work-life balance, free and high-quality schools and daycares, social and healthcare benefits… the list of nice things is abundant.