Join us for Tom and Jerry Time!
This is the kind of classic cartoon stuff that only comes along every so often and we are thrilled about starting production. Tom & Jerry Time is the first preschool outing for the iconic cat and mouse duo.
The hand drawn, non-dialogue format for Warner Bros Animation calls for an expansion to our team – cartoon lovers, come join us!
The roles of Comp Artists are primarily based in Gigglebug’s studio in Helsinki, Finland. Applicants who are ready to relocate to Helsinki, will be prioritised.
All applicants must be proficient in Toon Boom Harmony, Adobe After Effect and Premiere.
Purpose of the role
The role of Comp Artist entails working together with the Art Director, Editor and Animation Director in translating the script and the director’s vision into a polished final work.
- Comp all of the required elements necessary to assemble the final shot in line with the show’s style
- Ensure that an image looks good in terms of lighting, color, composition, perspective and design
- Troubleshoot shot problems and technical issues
- Improve and correct shots based on notes from the director
- Manage edits along with the editors and directors
- Organise work and prepare elements for validation
- Applicants must be able to follow the schedule set by the production team
- Proficiency in Toon Boom Harmony, Adobe After Effects and Photoshop
- Strong sense of detail, compositing, color, design and lighting
- Understanding of animation styles and techniques and the studio production pipeline as a whole
- Excellent creative and technical problem solving skills
- Online portfolio/demo reel required when applying
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Pedantic attention to detail
- Love for cartoons
Contract time period:
1.5-3 years. Starting in November 2022
Does this adventure call to you?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and portfolio to us as soon as possible.
Please note that we will start interviews for these positions as soon as possible. So please act quickly to start your new adventure with us in the Nordics!
We are a fast-growing, 100+ deep band of animation people, enthusiasts, and visionaries from around the world, brought together to inject positivity and creativity to the world of kid’s content. Our agile animation studio in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland. This is our atelier. Home of the Gigglebug. Hotbed of fun. And a safe space for stand out creativity.
Our mindset, values and work ethic translate to creativity, honesty, equality and high quality. In short: Nordic playfulness. As humans, we look for purpose in our work. Our purpose is to contribute to making the world a better place – by spreading laughter and joy.
We want to make the best stuff in the world. But we also want to live the best life we can. This means world-class projects; a warm, supportive culture; and all the benefits of the Finnish society. Read: trustworthy people, stable governance, inclusive values, tons of nature, healthy work-life balance, free and high-quality schools and daycares, social and healthcare benefits… The list of nice things is abundant.
Future Workplaces certificate is granted to workplaces that are characterised by boldness, passion and human values. It is awarded to companies that have succeeded in creating an exceptionally positive employee experience.
The employee experience in Gigglebug was evaluated in April 2022 based on a Siqni survey sent to all the employees. On the basis of the survey, Siqni has granted Gigglebug a Future Workplaces certificate.