Join us for Tom and Jerry Time!
This is the kind of classic cartoon stuff that only comes along every so often and we are thrilled about starting production! The hand drawn, non-dialogue format for Warner Bros Animation calls for an expansion to our team – cartoon lovers, come join us! Tom & Jerry Time is the first preschool outing for the iconic cat and mouse duo.
The role is based in Gigglebug’s studio in Helsinki, Finland.
Candidates willing to relocate will be prioritised.
If you have questions, please send them through with your application.
Purpose of the role
The role of 2D Animation Supervisor entails working together with the Lead Animator and Animation Director in translating the script and the director’s vision into pictures and providing senior level expertise and support to the team.
- Create hand-drawn final (including in-betweening, clean up, color and rigging) character animation (based on provided storyboards)
- Take part in meetings, record and follow up on the animation process
- Ability to create daily/weekly schedules and follow up on the animation team
- Work under Animation Director and the Animation Lead
- Embellish character action and emotion
- Strong character acting ability, solid sense of comedic timing, high quality draftsmanship and drawing skills
- Depending on the shot complexity, rigs will be available therefore experience with puppet assisted animation is also welcome
- Use of strongly developed critical eye with attention to detail
- Applicants must be able to follow the schedule set by the production team
- Use Toon Boom Harmony to animate in a traditional fashion
- Proficiency in Toon Boom Harmony software is required
- Traditional 2D animation experience required
- Rigged animation experience required
- Online portfolio/demo reel required when applying
- Previous experience in a studio production pipeline
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Love for cartoons
Contract time period:
1.5-2 years. Starting in April 2023
Does this adventure call to you?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and portfolio to us as soon as possible.
Please note that we will start interviews for these positions when the application period ends. So please act quickly to start your new adventure with us in the Nordics!
We are a fast-growing, 100+ deep band of animation people, enthusiasts, and visionaries from around the world, brought together to inject positivity and creativity to the world of kid’s content. Our agile animation studio in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland. This is our atelier. Home of the Gigglebug. Hotbed of fun. And a safe space for stand out creativity.
Our mindset, values and work ethic translate to creativity, honesty, equality and high quality. In short: Nordic playfulness. As humans, we look for purpose in our work. Our purpose is to contribute to making the world a better place – by spreading laughter and joy.
We want to make the best stuff in the world. But we also want to live the best life we can. This means world-class projects; a warm, supportive culture; and all the benefits of the Finnish society. Read: trustworthy people, stable governance, inclusive values, tons of nature, healthy work-life balance, free and high-quality schools and daycares, social and healthcare benefits… The list of nice things is abundant.
Future Workplaces certificate is granted to workplaces that are characterised by boldness, passion and human values. It is awarded to companies that have succeeded in creating an exceptionally positive employee experience.
The employee experience in Gigglebug was evaluated in April 2022 based on a Siqni survey sent to all the employees. On the basis of the survey, Siqni has granted Gigglebug a Future Workplaces certificate.