Join us for growing the most joyful 2D animation studio in Europe!
We are growing our production pipelines to execute top-of-the-class 2D comedies, working with the most exciting creatives and biggest broadcast platforms in the world. We specialize in heart and humour, not to mention a studio culture that is creative friendly! Now, we are looking for a 2D Animation Technical Director to join the team!
The role is based in Gigglebug’s studio in Helsinki, Finland.
If you have any questions, please send them via our website through the “Apply now”-link.
Purpose of the role
The Technical Director, working together with a consultant Pipeline Supervisor and department leads, will design, implement and maintain existing and new tools and processes for all the studio 2D productions. They will collaborate with different departments to ensure the efficiency and safety of the pipeline and the assets. They will have a good understanding of the production workflow, and the technology each department needs, offering support on the software and hardware needed to achieve the quality of the production.
- Create and maintain tools and processes to enhance the usage and performance of different software and pipeline workflows.
- Collaborate with studio leads and production members to design and implement internal and external workflows for a production or department.
- Provide software or hardware technical support for all the departments.
- Organize and offer training for the different tools created.
- Create documentation for the proper use and maintenance of the created tools.
- Ensure that the internal and external processes guarantee the security of the assets and the production data.
- Help to determine the technical needs for future studio projects.
- Participate in infrastructure and equipment decisions, installation and maintenance.
- Relevant experience in animation, VFX or gaming industry in a technical role.
- Ability to write and integrate tools into existing or new pipelines.
- Technical knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony, Storyboard Pro, Photoshop, Premiere (Adobe Suite in general) and ShotGrid is a plus.
- Knowledge of 2D Animation pipeline.
- Ability to work on a hybrid Windows/Mac environment.
- IT related skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Love for cartoons.
Contract time period:
Does this adventure call to you?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and portfolio to us as soon as possible.
Please note that we will start interviews for these positions when the application period ends. So please act quickly to start your new adventure with us in the Nordics!
We are a fast-growing, 100+ deep band of animation people, enthusiasts, and visionaries from around the world, brought together to inject positivity and creativity to the world of kid’s content. Our agile animation studio in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland. This is our atelier. Home of the Gigglebug. Hotbed of fun. And a safe space for stand out creativity.
Our mindset, values and work ethic translate to creativity, honesty, equality and high quality. In short: Nordic playfulness. As humans, we look for purpose in our work. Our purpose is to contribute to making the world a better place – by spreading laughter and joy.
We want to make the best stuff in the world. But we also want to live the best life we can. This means world-class projects; a warm, supportive culture; and all the benefits of the Finnish society. Read: trustworthy people, stable governance, inclusive values, tons of nature, healthy work-life balance, free and high-quality schools and daycares, social and healthcare benefits… The list of nice things is abundant.
Future Workplaces certificate is granted to workplaces that are characterised by boldness, passion and human values. It is awarded to companies that have succeeded in creating an exceptionally positive employee experience.
The employee experience in Gigglebug was evaluated in April 2022 based on a Siqni survey sent to all the employees. On the basis of the survey, Siqni has granted Gigglebug a Future Workplaces certificate.