Join the Gigglebug Crew for Super Duper Bunny League!
The 52×11 minute 2D animated series for Nickelodeon US combines big superhero action with silly cartoony comedy. The concept is based on the brilliant work of comic artist and author Jamie Smart.
We are looking for a Rigging Supervisor to join our team. At the Gigglebug Studio, you would be part of a friendly and tightly knit team, working in collaboration with the Director, Art Director and a group of excellent Artists.
Under the supervision of the Director and the Art Director, you will be responsible for:
- Supervise the Rigging team to build robust character rigs to required standards
- Collaborate with the Animation team to maintain, test and improve existing rigs and R&D new techniques for future rigs
- Maximize the use of existing assets while developing a flexible framework
- Communicate with the Pipeline TDs and Animation Supervisor to develop and maintain rigging scripts and animation tools such as pose library and animation utilities for automating workflow
- Assist the Animation Department with shot specific technical issues
- Provide accurate bid days and resource requirements to accomplish expected tasks on time and budget
- 5+ years of proven supervisory experience in animation
- Excellent knowledge of ToonBoom Harmony and Shotgrid
- Thorough knowledge of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, volumes and masses, dynamics and character motion
- Excellent understanding of 2D animation process and workflows
- Ability to adapt to varying production demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Team-spirit and great communication skills
- A passion for cartoons
Contract time period:
1,5 years, commencing January 2023
Does this adventure call to you?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and portfolio to us as soon as possible.
Please note that we will start interviews for these positions as soon as possible. So please act quickly to start your new adventure with us in the Nordics!
We are a fast-growing, 100+ deep band of animation people, enthusiasts, and visionaries from around the world, brought together to inject positivity and creativity to the world of kid’s content. Our agile animation studio in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland. This is our atelier. Home of the Gigglebug. Hotbed of fun. And a safe space for stand out creativity.
Our mindset, values and work ethic translate to creativity, honesty, equality and high quality. In short: Nordic playfulness. As humans, we look for purpose in our work. Our purpose is to contribute to making the world a better place – by spreading laughter and joy.
We want to make the best stuff in the world. But we also want to live the best life we can. This means world-class projects; a warm, supportive culture; and all the benefits of the Finnish society. Read: trustworthy people, stable governance, inclusive values, tons of nature, healthy work-life balance, free and high-quality schools and daycares, social and healthcare benefits… The list of nice things is abundant.
Future Workplaces certificate is granted to workplaces that are characterised by boldness, passion and human values. It is awarded to companies that have succeeded in creating an exceptionally positive employee experience.
The employee experience in Gigglebug was evaluated in April 2022 based on a Siqni survey sent to all the employees. On the basis of the survey, Siqni has granted Gigglebug a Future Workplaces certificate.