Join us for Tom and Jerry Time!
This is the kind of classic cartoon stuff that only comes along every so often and we are thrilled about starting production! The hand drawn, non-dialogue format for Warner Bros Animation calls for an expansion to our team – cartoon lovers, come join us! Tom and Jerry Time is the first preschool outing for the iconic cat and mouse duo.
The role is primarily based in Gigglebug’s studio in Helsinki, Finland. Applicants who are ready to relocate to Helsinki, will be prioritized.
Purpose of the role:
Background Color Supervisor leads the Background Color team and works closely together with the Art Director, Series Director and Layout team in making sure the color backgrounds for the series are done following the creative direction, are technically accurate and that team keeps to the agreed production schedule.
- Briefing the background team alongside the Art Director
- Creating key shots for reference for mood, lightning and color for the team
- Reviewing the work of team members and providing individual feedback
- Working closely with Layout Supervisor in making sure the backgrounds are consistent and work in continuity in the episode
- Sharing the responsibility of episodic color scripts with the Art Director
- Ensuring any internal or external notes on the color backgrounds are addressed, and making sure the final files are in the correct format for the following production stages (with the help of our Layout & BG Coordinator)
- Making sure the department is on schedule and re-assigning and assisting in tasks when needed
The ideal candidate would have:
- Previous production experience in a similar role or at minimum as a Lead Background Color artist
- Good understanding of color theory and an eye for color in general
- Knowledge and experience in B&W layouts and/or location design is considered a plus, but not required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- An understanding of the 2D production pipeline, knowledge of file formats and asset management
- Ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team, while also taking direction and initiative
- Ability to work under schedules and deadlines
- We look for a readiness to lead a team combined with the focus to also execute the smallest details
- Needed programs: Adobe Photoshop, Shotgrid / Shotgun
Contract time period:
2+ years, starting in March 2023
Does this adventure call to you?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and portfolio to us as soon as possible.
Please note that we will start interviews for these positions as soon as possible. So please act quickly to start your new adventure with us in the Nordics!
We are a fast-growing, 100+ deep band of animation people, enthusiasts, and visionaries from around the world, brought together to inject positivity and creativity to the world of kid’s content. Our agile animation studio in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland. This is our atelier. Home of the Gigglebug. Hotbed of fun. And a safe space for stand out creativity.
Our mindset, values and work ethic translate to creativity, honesty, equality and high quality. In short: Nordic playfulness. As humans, we look for purpose in our work. Our purpose is to contribute to making the world a better place – by spreading laughter and joy.
We want to make the best stuff in the world. But we also want to live the best life we can. This means world-class projects; a warm, supportive culture; and all the benefits of the Finnish society. Read: trustworthy people, stable governance, inclusive values, tons of nature, healthy work-life balance, free and high-quality schools and daycares, social and healthcare benefits… The list of nice things is abundant.
Future Workplaces certificate is granted to workplaces that are characterised by boldness, passion and human values. It is awarded to companies that have succeeded in creating an exceptionally positive employee experience.
The employee experience in Gigglebug was evaluated in April 2022 based on a Siqni survey sent to all the employees. On the basis of the survey, Siqni has granted Gigglebug a Future Workplaces certificate.