Join the Gigglebug crew for Super Duper Bunny League!
The 52×11 minute 2D animated series for Nickelodeon US combines big superhero action with silly cartoony comedy. The concept is based on the brilliant work of comic artist and author Jamie Smart.
We are looking for an Animation Supervisor to join our team. At the Gigglebug Studio, you would be part of a friendly and tightly knit team, working in collaboration with the Directors, other Supervisors and a group of excellent Artists.
- Work in partnership with the Directors and the Animation Team to interpret and develop directors creative vision
- Guide, supervise and mentor the work of the animation team
- Closely collaborate with the Production Team and pipeline to elaborate the production workflow and make sure the technical requirements are consistent within each department
- Establish the technical and artistic guidelines with the producer and the directors considering budget and schedule requirements
- Coming up with creative solutions to meet the artistic standards with a strong knowledge of the ToonBoom Harmony tools and latest developments
- Provide artistic references and guide the creation of animation libraries
- Review animation and work closely with the Animation Team Leads to make sure the guidelines are well-spread in the animation teams
- Provide accurate bid days and resource requirements to accomplish expected tasks on time and budget
- 5+ years of proven supervisory experience in animation
- Excellent knowledge of ToonBoom Harmony and Shotgrid
- Strong drawing skills and deep knowledge of animation style including traditional animation and cut-out animation
- A good knowledge of rigs and typical rigging set-ups
- Excellent understanding of 2D animation process and workflows
- Ability to adapt to varying production demands and shifting priorities
- Effective problem solving skills, solution oriented mindset
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Great team-spirit and communication skills
- A passion for cartoons
Contract time period:
1,5-2 years, commencing February 2023
Does this adventure speak to you?
You can apply by sending your cover letter, credit list and showreel to us as soon as possible.
Please note that we will start interviews for these positions as soon as possible. So please act quickly to start your new adventure with us in the Nordics!
We are a fast-growing, 100+ deep band of animation people, enthusiasts, and visionaries from around the world, brought together to inject positivity and creativity to the world of kid’s content. Our agile animation studio in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland. This is our atelier. Home of the Gigglebug. Hotbed of fun. And a safe space for stand out creativity.
Our mindset, values and work ethic translate to creativity, honesty, equality and high quality. In short: Nordic playfulness. As humans, we look for purpose in our work. Our purpose is to contribute to making the world a better place – by spreading laughter and joy.
We want to make the best stuff in the world. But we also want to live the best life we can. This means world-class projects; a warm, supportive culture; and all the benefits of the Finnish society. Read: trustworthy people, stable governance, inclusive values, tons of nature, healthy work-life balance, free and high-quality schools and daycares, social and healthcare benefits… The list of nice things is abundant.
Future Workplaces certificate is granted to workplaces that are characterised by boldness, passion and human values. It is awarded to companies that have succeeded in creating an exceptionally positive employee experience.
The employee experience in Gigglebug was evaluated in April 2022 based on a Siqni survey sent to all the employees. On the basis of the survey, Siqni has granted Gigglebug a Future Workplaces certificate.